Follow this Blog!

Saturday 5 December 2015

Day One: Advent reminds us of God's Grace filled Mission to His people (Romans 5:8)

(All I want for Christmas)

Day One: Advent reminds us of God's Grace filled Mission to His people

Romans 5:8 "But God proves His love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us."

Christ became incarnate for a purpose: the restoration of us, God's beloved, to right relationship with Him. We seek a Christ Child in this season; we seek our Advocate and Saviour in this season; we seek our righteous Judge in this season. We seek knowing full well our desperate guilt before God; we seek knowing full well the condemnation we deserve; yet we seek clinging to the fact of His Grace - a Grace embodied in the Christ of Christmas.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Isaiah 42:16"And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them."

No comments: