Follow this Blog!

Monday 20 March 2017

Truly Loved

You are truly Loved

Today we remember how Israel obediently entered the Promised Land under Joshua's leadership following exactly God's rather "odd" instructions. (Joshua 3) Yesterday we remembered something so amazing: God loves us - He wants us - He will do what it takes to restore our relationship with Him. Today we remember that God will not force Himself on us - He waits for us to persistently and obediently follow Him - even the odd stuff!


Today we read an awesome statement:

How blessed is the one whose rebellious acts are forgiven,
whose sin is pardoned!
How blessed is the one whose wrongdoing the Lord does not punish (Psalm 32)

This Psalm talks about the lengths God will go to to get us back! God loves that much. In Lent we spend a lot of time talking about the condition of our heart, the condition of our lives, the condition of our families, our congregations, our communities, our country and the world - the Psalm does not excuse that - in fact it delivers very blunt statements about our fallen unrepentant state. But it balances these with majestic statements of hope:

Then I confessed my sin;
I no longer covered up my wrongdoing.
I said, “I will confess my rebellious acts to the Lord.”

And then you forgave my sins.



You are loved. I am loved. We are loved. These three statements bring us joy immeasurable.

The Lord’s faithfulness overwhelms the one who trusts in him.
Rejoice in the Lord and be happy, you who are godly!
Shout for joy, all you who are morally upright!


Be blessed and blessed be His Name.



No comments: